Sunday 27 March 2016

Feeling switched on again



Have managed a beach walk this week. Renewing  interest in sand ripples and marks left when the tide recedes. Some are horizontal some vertical.








These metal plates were attached to wooden posts, part of the attempts to stop sand being swept into the sea.








No idea what they are for but great colours.
I planned to have more work done on this coastal piece but with house hunting this is all I have managed. A bit pathetic really.




I have time as it is for an exhibition in August I did want to be further on before I started a new project though.
The new project is for an exhibition in 2017 at the Verdant Works Jute Museum.








Spent a day here with creative friends, looking, taking photographs and drawing the wonderful machinery.
















Using the museum as an inspirational source. I need to a lot of research into the jute industry and the social history behind it.
No idea what I will produce but know I have to get the essence of this industry and the people, mainly women, who worked within it, into a textile piece.
I feel lots of fun with paper and paint to be had.
This is a beginning
















A very good creative day with friends.
The house hunting continues but one is gaining in prominence. We shall see. Watch this space.
Really feel I am back in the swing of things. Quite excited about new project but must get on with Coastline.
Hope you will look in next week.
BYE   BYE

3 comments:

  1. Maureen, all this great "blue" inspiration from the Jute museum is fantastic! I wonder what your finished piece will look like. Great machinery inspiration. It sounds like you have several pieces being crafted at one time. The norm for an artist. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue paperwork is tremendous, lots of fascinating patterns which could keep you going for a long time, I think. The blue metal plates on the posts look as if they were made by an artist. Great photos at the Jute Museum too, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you have interpreted the machinery. shapes, colors and lines, wonderful. Sounds like a great fun thing to do with friends. wonderful photos from the beach as well. Wishing you the best with your house hunting.

    ReplyDelete