Sunday 1 May 2016

A Touch of Blue



Friday April 30th!!!
Woke up this morning to white landscape. Not a great photo.




My resident Pheasant, looking very bedraggled.
Dug out my drive and headed for the Knitting and Stitching Show. Ticket in my bag and friends to meet so no stopping me.
The show was fantastic. Plenty to look at and to buy.  EDGE exhibition was looking good and people were very interested in the work. Gave myself a pat on the back that I have managed to keep stitching and had a piece of work selected. I had left my camera on the kitchen table after photographing the pheasant so no photos.
The Dutch Quilt exhibition was very interesting and the art historian, who had brought it together was very willing to talk about the pieces. Loved the book.


My purchases.



Linen threads ready to be dyed.




A touch of blue. The threads on the right were bought from a lovely Swedish seller. Linladan is the name of the company. Sells linen threads from the 1960`s. I should have bought more as the quality is superb.




Empress Mills sells these bundles of Egyptian cotton. Pot luck on sizes but usually a variety of long thin pieces. Great to bury or leave in rock pools. Ideal for workshops. I buy them whenever I see them.




Odds and bobs. Why have I bought button backs ? No idea.




My pins always disappear and need replaced. Do yours? The box usually has about 6 left when I need them.
Against my better judgement I bought books. I have been off loading my book shelves and here I have added more.




A friend loaned me this some time ago so had to buy it. Pure eye candy.




I like their books.




I didn't have this one in the series.
Talked into this by Art Van Go. A no brainer, as I had planned to try this for some time.





Have others out there used this and were you pleased with the results?
A lovely day surrounded by everything to make a textile heaven. I arrived home tired, skint but happy.






More stitching on this piece. It was really crying out for a touch of blue.




Have added a strip to the bottom edge. I do like working in this way, adding patches as needed.





Look in next week to view next stage in my " Coastal Fences/Defences."
BYE.     BYE.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fascinating photos here.
    The pheasant in the snow is terrific, a great shot to capture.
    Your white threads waiting to be dyed look enticing, I am looking forward to seeing the results of some thread dyeing. I like your trio of buys too, especially the little square white card pack. And I'll be very interested to hear your opinion on the TAP paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blue is a wonderful addition to this piece, plus that shade is gorgeous.
    wow, snow! amazing to consider. that could happen here, but so far not even close.

    So many treasures! wishing you beautiful inspiration with it all.

    ReplyDelete