Sunday 24 September 2017

Autumn Equinox

Autumn Equinox, I wish this post had sound. Rain so heavy and noisy as it beats onto The Studio roof. I can hardly think. September is my birth month and my memory is of clear days with just a hint of Autumn to come. Since I returned from holiday mist and rain, dark early a feeling Summer is really over.


Still some colour in the garden but plants are turning.


Oak leaf Hydrangea turned from green to this great colour overnight.


Hostas are fading.
Have gone to my stash of bits and pieces. Left over dyed fabric from other projects.







Ready to hang out in the garden.


A and B


C and D


E


Now to find a place to hang them in the garden over Winter. I like recording how the elements  change the fabric.
The original prayer flags are years old. I brought them with me when I moved here.


Really looking distressed now but no bits have fallen off. New ones look a bit brash.( see previous post)


Do you remember the stones. I have abandoned them for now. Just could not get the right effect. Usually I keep going and somehow it all works out. Not this time. Have you ever been in this position? I think coming and going all Summer did not help.


Views from my holiday. Village in rural France. Not deserted, people kept shutters closed from the sun, only opened at dusk.


View from the terrace. Larger hills  in the background always hidden in heat haze.
This Summer was about going when friends said come and I am eternally grateful to them all. Good to be home though and making plans for the Winter.
More about that later.
Please look in next week. I am beginning work on a new piece.
BYE     BYE







1 comment:

  1. How lovely and colourful your new flags are, so different from your exhibition work (why?).
    As for the stones, yes I always try to keep going with a piece but will abandon it if it is really dreadful and everything I have tried does not work. Then everything about it - the piece itself, the samples etc. go into the fire and all photos are thoroughly deleted and my brain is free from it for ever. And that's a Good Thing, although once or twice I have found a photo of something abandoned like that and it looks good.

    ReplyDelete